EPS Human Rights Policy
EPS (hereinafter "EPS" or "We") has set forth "For our Clients," "For our Business," and "For our People" as our 3 core values. We recognize that "For our People" is the underlying principle of our values, and aim to improve the Quality of Life (QOL) of all stakeholders while advocating for human rights in our Charter of Corporate Behavior.
We are required to play a broader role in order to meet the expectation of creating a sustainable society. We will uphold human rights in accordance with Our Values and Charter of Corporate Behavior when practicing business activities, and continue to actively strive towards “Creating Healthy and Fulfilling Lives for People", taking into consideration the wishes of both stakeholders and EPS.
Basic principles regarding human rights
EPS will comply with all relevant laws concerning human rights and respect international norms and fundamental principles such as the International Bill of Human Rights ("Universal Declaration of Human Rights," the "International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights," and the "International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights,") the "ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work," and the "United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights."
Furthermore, EPS will respect internationally recognized human rights policies and comply with the laws and regulations of each country or region where it conducts its business activities.
Initiatives to Respect Human Rights in Business Activities
EPS recognizes that its business activities may have potential and actual human rights impacts.
Therefore, we will implement the following initiatives:
- We will respect the human rights of all stakeholders involved in our business activities.
- We expect all stakeholders to understand and uphold this policy, and to work with us to respect human rights.
Initiatives to Respect Human Rights in the Workplace
EPS will strive to uphold human rights. Therefore, we will implement the following initiatives:
- We will remain openminded and respect the nationality, race, gender, age, expertise, ways of thinking, and values of all individuals. We will create an environment where individuals can utilize their strengths based on a culture of mutual respect and recognition.
- We will create a welcoming and healthy workplace where employees can work with peace of mind, and apply appropriate labor management and healthcare measures.
- We will ensure flexible work arrangements and promote diversity. We will conduct fair evaluations and provide career advancement support. In addition, we will actively embrace individual ideas and provide opportunities to participate in innovative creation endeavors.
- We will hold training and awareness activities to promote understanding of the human rights policies for all employees.
Human Rights Due Diligence System
EPS will implement a human rights due diligence system to prevent and mitigate any adverse impacts EPS may have on human rights.
Dialogue and Consultation
EPS will engage in sincere dialogue with relevant stakeholders to understand the impact on human rights from the perspective of the affected and address all issues accordingly.
In addition, if it becomes clear that EPS's business activities have caused or contributed to an adverse impact on human rights, we will endeavor to remediate such impacts through appropriate procedures and dialogue.
(Established: August 1, 2023)